For Spring Break, we didn't have any major plans. Bum around the house and let the kids run wild is all I planned to do. Carlaya was very disappointed and wanted a vacation! LOL Can't say I didn't want a vacation too......so we agreed on a budget friendly STAYcation. :)
We got a room at the RIO for $43 a night! Yahoo- that's a staycation, I tell ya. Yes, I know Rio isn't super fancy, but my sis stayed there a year or so ago and I was surprised and impressed with the "all-suite" rooms. Very BIG and very NICE! Unfortunately her room was in the newer small tower, apparently the big, main tower hasn't been upgraded or remodeled. The room wasn't as big or near as nice. Maybe that's why it was $43?! It was still fine, not dumpy or anything. Besides we came for this.....

They have 4 fun pools and 4 hot tubs. The best pool has a sandy beach that leads into the water and the deepest end is only 3-4 feet deep depending on the side. My kids loved it! They built sand castles, rolled around in the sandy 1 foot wading area, swam their hearts out and tanned on the lounge chairs.


Carlaya LOVED it! She just kept running back to me to tell me about everything! Noah was M I A most the time. Even though he swam fine last summer, I had him wear floaties because he wanted to be so independent.


I have to be careful not to let this girl become a sun worshiper! She loves to lay out, although I admit, it does feel good. We just do it with 50 SPF on! *Notice Jonathan & Noah sleeping on the lounge couch in the background? Carlaya told me while sun bathing, "Mom, Isn't this so nice? I love vacations! We should do this all the time! It's so relaxing.......we don't have to clean or cook, or put Noah in timeouts, we can just lay here and let the boys worry about themselves!" LOL (that's my girl!)
3 very cute girly feet! Although Carlaya wished my toes matched too. 

The HOTTEST babe on the beach! Miss Mya, not the skinny hunk holding her ;)


The HOTTEST babe on the beach! Miss Mya, not the skinny hunk holding her ;)
This picture is normal until I upload it here, then it flips. I don't' know why??!!
Cute chubby toes in the water.....I had to show it anyway!

I'm not a big Buffet fan because #1 they are so pricey now days & #2 I think the food is generally less quality than a regular restaurant (where I also feel like I eat my money's worth!) But he insisted that we hit the Rio Buffet (a childhood favorite of his). It cost us $46 which isn't too bad for 2 adults & 2 kids. Locals get a 50% off discount- good to know! It would have been $92!!! Outrageous for dinner!! How people do it....is beyond me! They did have a huge selection and I actually enjoyed it. The kid especially loved it. They ate so much junk and loved not HAVING to finish what they didn't like. "Just go get something else", we'd say. Sadly, Noah was thrilled with this saltine cracker as much as anything else!


Despite her face here, she LOVED lots of tiny bowls of yummy ice cream, this was mango!
I laid Mya back on the pillows while the kids and I changed into our suits, then we tried on her sunglasses to see if she'd like them or pull them off. Looks pretty dang comfortable to me! I swear on my life, we did NOT pose her! She just put her arm up and chillaxed!
AAAAH! I just love her! So stinkin' cute!
It's fun to have a sister to match with. Unfortunately the infant clothes usually don't coincide with 7-9 sizes. :( Carlaya's always wanted to match Mya. Just last week, I was able to find 1 matching shirt in both 6 months & size 7!! Carlaya was thrilled!
It's fun to have a sister to match with. Unfortunately the infant clothes usually don't coincide with 7-9 sizes. :( Carlaya's always wanted to match Mya. Just last week, I was able to find 1 matching shirt in both 6 months & size 7!! Carlaya was thrilled!



No comments:
Post a Comment