Monday, February 21, 2011

What we love about Noah


This photo was taken on my camera by Noah this morning. I tell ya, this kid........!

I didn't get a chance to post about Noah before his party, like I did for Carlaya. But we still love him just as much and wanted to share our favorite things about HIM!

Noah is our little LOVER. No surprise, he being born on Valentine's Day and all. He is the sweetest boy ever and does a great job loving on EVERYONE in the family! If you are hurt or sad, or even just sitting quietly...he'll come up and hug and kiss you or rub you gently. I tease Jonathan and say, "Noah is the boyfriend I've always wanted". Cause if Jonathan makes me mad or hurts my feelings, Noah is right there doing damage control. He also gives me attention when Jonathan won't. ;) I love you Noah!

Noah is the laundry master! That kid can sort every basket of laundry in the house- ALL BY HIMSELF, perfectly, in the same amount of time I can. He loves to sort the laundry and help my load it in the washer. When his basket gets full, he'll come ask, "Mom, my laundry is getting too full, do you want me to sort it for you?" He even puts the piles right where I do....darks, lights, whites, jeans, and socks. Honestly, I couldn't do it any better myself.

Noah is a silly kid, that keeps us laughing all day everyday! He makes the funniest faces at you, he says the dumbest things that are just so funny, and our favorite: his interpretive dance moves. Any music that comes on, Noah will dance accordingly- usually lip syncing too!

The hardest part about him being so funny? He is the hardest kid in the world to discipline! He'll do things that he knows he shouldn't and I'll try to scold him. He makes the cutest face at me and giggles. Or he'll hurry and do something funny. I try to stay stern, but he still cracks me almost every time. (unless I'm really mad) It's even worse with Jonathan around. He laughs EVERY time. I could strangle him, he gets such a kick out of Noah. Once one of us smiles or laughs, the other one goes. Carlaya just shakes her head at us. Its really bad. The dinner table is the worst. We laugh the whole time at Noah, and he just eats it up. He's adorable, but at some point we've got to get serious with him. He can be a real stinker. He just knows how to defuse it.

Noah is our little athlete. Which is surprising, given that neither Jonathan or I are very athletic. He loves all sports. He plays basketball out back pretty much everyday, since Christmas he got a new hoop and ball. He is signed up for t-ball in March and got a mitt & ball for his birthday. He and Jonathan have been going to our neighborhood park 2-3 times a week to practice catching as well, he is catching ON very quickly! Noah also rides his bike or skateboard almost every day. He lives to be outdoors, even in this rotten cold weather.

Noah is also a great helper with Mya. He loves her to death. When he gets off the bus from school, he goes straight to her. He says, "Hiiiiiiii Myyyyya!" in that high pitch "talk to baby" kind of voice. LOL It's so cute and she gives him the biggest smile ever. He can still carry her, but since she's over 13 lbs now, I really try not to ask for his help in that department. He does best at just entertaining her or bringing me diapers & wipes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this kid!! I need to get me a 'Noah' that does my laundry! :)