Sunday, February 13, 2011

Carlaya is SEVEN!


This is Carlaya's Rice Crispie cake on her actual birthday, the CAKE was saved for her party. :)
I am amazed at how much Carlaya has changed since starting school last year and learning so much. 90% of the change is wonderful and fun to see the older more mature Carlaya. 10% is pure pre-teen attitude, I'd rather not deal with.

Here's what I love about Carlaya:
She is so talented when it comes to art projects. Not only does she color and draw well, but she comes up with very creative pieces of art all on her own- out of the blue. It amazes me the things she creates all on her own with no ideas OR help.

Carlaya is so stinkin' smart! At parent/teacher conferences I was told that she is ABOVE grade level in reading, writing, and math! One proud Mama. :) Her handwriting is amazing for a 1st grader. So neat and pretty! I love to show it off! She is reading chapter books already and loves them. Carlaya comes home from school, washes her hands (good girl!) and does her homework all on her own. Most times I never even see her do it. It takes her a matter of minutes and she rarely makes mistakes.

Carlaya is very mature and responsible. I catch myself having adult type conversations with her. But she is always asking deep questions and is well aware of her surroundings. She knows about bills and the economy, the DMV, different laws, being pregnant, the PTA, how Young Women's works (from church) and I could go on and on. Why? you ask...because she asks me: about EVERYTHING! Carlaya also loves to watch the news with me! LOL She is one informed little girl.

Carlaya has a talent (for not only art) but for fashion & hair styling! You wouldn't always know this from the funny way she's dressed or the obnoxious way her hair is done. But that's only because she insists on doing it herself. She amazes me when we're shopping and she can piece together very cute outfits- for ME. I ALWAYS ask her advise and oddly enough, I also trust it. She follows the trends of fashion design but also hair design. She loves to design clothes, hair and makeup through online computer games like Barbie.com. For Christmas she got fashion design portfolios to design her own outfits- I am so very very impressed with what she's done so far!

Carlaya is a great helper (when she wants to be). She is the little nanny in our house. She LOVES Mya and packs her all over the place. Carlaya helps bathe her and can dress her all by herself, which is a huge help to me when we are in a hurry. She can feed & burp her all by herself as well. I try not to take advantage too much, but is is so helpful! *I said "when she wants to be" because she is getting older and likes to be off in her room more and more- doing art projects, playing or reading. She's a quiet girl and likes her space.

2 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Awww Happy Birthday to Carlaya! I can't believe how big she's getting!! She sounds like an amazing little girl!

kory and tina family said...

Happy Birthday Carlaya!