Monday, October 11, 2010

This JUST in!

We are leaving town this weekend for my birthday, just Jonathan and I. I planned to call Kevin at Planned Placement on Sunday when we got back, to ask for the next newborn baby girl.

While I was at the store this evening, Kevin called!! ;( I told Jonathan I didn't even want to know what Kevin had. BECAUSE we couldn't take it. Our trip has already been paid for and is non-refundable. With any new baby or child, the 1st 45 days are under Child Protective Services and therefore they cannot leave the county or be in respite. (another foster home) Because, they don't like the bouncing around.

Well, Jonathan told me anyway! A 3 day old baby girl. No name yet. Mother walked out on her. Rumor at hospital is that mother was wanting to do adoption, but never did the paperwork, so the baby might be abandoned! Perfect for us. But sad.

She was born exposed to opiates which is basically heroin based pain killers. Mom was on them as well. She is having some withdrawal, so unfortunately they have started methadone. No stiffness or rigidness, but very very alert. High out of her mind, I'm sure! ;(

Born Friday, October 8th at 9 pm. So she is now 3 days old. Weighed in at 5 lbs. 14 oz. but has dropped to 5 lbs. 3 oz! No prenatal care ever.

Now, true- this baby may not be released until after we are back Sunday. That's what we are hoping for. Because if she is released sooner, she needs to be picked up. Then we are stuck this weekend. Which to be honest would be fine with me if I hadn't just paid for our hotel room and park tickets. We did tell Kevin about some foster friends in our neighborhood who I am sure would take her in a second. I asked to PLEASE consider letting them take her for the 1 1/2 days we're gone. A baby would never know she's being bounced around! ;) He actually knew our friends when I said their name and he is going to see if he can clear it with the case worker and/or his supervisor.

SO best scenario- baby is released next Monday. Next best, baby comes home this week, but they approve our friends to take her Saturday and Sunday. If she comes home this week and they do NOT approve respite......we can't take her. I really really want to take her. Sure there are more babies....but this one is a very possible adoption. Unless mom comes back, dad shows up or family comes out of the woodwork? HOPING!

Going for my 1st visit with her- right now! ;) Yay!

No comments: