Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mya update:


Mya is doing well. Her scores for withdrawal are back down and they say she is hardly spitting up at all. They ran a Billi-Ruben (?) test for Jaundice on Friday night but it was low, so she's good there. Still eating a ton. Cherise ate almost 4 oz each feeding when she went home at 6 weeks old. Mya is eating just under 4 oz NOW. At 5 lbs 11 oz. that is a lot of food. And she only eats every 4 hours because she eats so much. *works for me, specially for nights! ;)

I've gone to see her everyday and twice last Wednesday, so it was hard to not see her Saturday, but it was better to have her still in the hospital than out. I would have missed her more and felt too guilty.

On Friday the doctor had again reduced her methadone to .1, which is hardly anything. Of course that's when the vomiting started, but she's doing much better. At that point, he said she'd need about 5 more days. That puts us at Tuesday or Wednesday. So I'll keep ya posted as soon as I get word!

Here's some more cute pictures. She is already changing and getting cuter everyday!


I took my mom to visit her on Thursday night.


She had just had a bath and they let her hair dry before combing it down- it was so poofy and standing on end. I laughed so hard. She looked funny, but totally cute!

Then on Friday, my in-laws came to watch our kids for the weekend, so I took my MIL too. Sorry Heather, I know I caught you at a bad spot- not the best picture! Sorry!
That night, we got there before they bathed her, so they let me do it. It was fun to give her my 1st little sponge bath!


I know I've said that she is not nearly as cute in pictures as she is in person. True, I'm in love with her so my opinion is biased, but my mom and MIL both said she is totally cute and WAY cuter in person! So there- you'll love her. I promise! ;)

Things still look good (as far as the situation goes- fostering) and so I want to be optimistic(about adoption), but there is never any guarantees and I hate the uncertainty!


1 comment:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

I love love love her hair!