Monday, September 13, 2010

No calls yet, but we're getting closer.....

As previously stated, we are going to continue to foster. AND Jonathan has even agreed to take in a sibling pair or just 2 seperate kids. We were going to just wait and see what we'd get, hoping for our "dream placement" (described in previous post), but I think it's easier to just tell them what we want.
Babies are typically placed through "Planned Placement" while all other ages are placed through "Emergency Foster Placement". Reason being- they have just been removed from their home and need to be placed right away. Babies are born and they have at least a day or two to find a home, therefore it's called "planned".

So this morning I called Planned Placement and let them know we'd take either, but I'd really LOVE a baby GIRL again. Preferably white, but we'd take any bi-racial baby as well. We loved our chocolate Cherise!! Then, I hung up and called regular placement, letting them know I'll get my baby from planned placement, but if they'll call me as soon as they get a 2-3 year old boy. That way we get our dream placement! They won't be siblings, but I'm afraid they'll call with a little girl and girl baby and I won't be able to say "no". Noah would be so mad at me. The kid desperately needs a "brover" and is begging everyday for the next foster kid to be a BOY. I told him I'll try to get him a sibling this week! ;) How convenient, right?

Stay tuned for updates. I anticipate we'll have 1 or the other any day now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol isn't that fun for kids to just get a new brother or sister whenever they want! hehe your kids are the best! i miss them!