Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Short Sale Success!

After months of waiting and wondering if our bank would ever cooperate, we finally were able to sale our home! Yay Yay Yay! No foreclosure! More Yay!

We listed it back in October (after banks approval to start the short sale process) and to our delight, got an offer that same day and another within 3 days! Then, the wait process began.
Waiting to hear banks response, waiting to see if the buyer could qualify, waiting on the bank to look at our financial situation from every angle possible, just plain waiting! In February, we were told, by our realtor, that things were looking good but we still never had a definite YES from our bank that they would approve the whole ordeal. By that time, it had been 7 months since we made a payment (part of the short sale process- if you do pay, they assume you can afford it and won't do the short sale) So, it was our pleasure to NOT pay. Unfortunately, the bank has many departments. One in particular is called FORECLOSURES! Ew, scary! That department just saw that we weren't paying and therefore was moving in their direction.... beginning the foreclosure process. We couldn't hurry and make a payment, #1 we'd have a gazillion $$'s in late fees, and #2 the "other" department would stop the short sale process on us. Walking that fine line is nerve racking!

The 1st of this month, we got a call from our realtor, that things were moving along finally and looking good. I took it like I had all the other times, good news, not great- still no actual news.
But then last Tuesday, the title company called to see if we could come sign our seller docs because the buyer had already signed! WHAT?! Ok, so like...it sold? News to me! Yes ma'am, we'll be in right away.

Thursday, I went over to wipe things down (a bit dusty), make it smell clean :), and make sure every little piece of trash was out of the garage. I also left a lovely little basket of goodies for MR. Patient that has been waiting since October to find out if he was going to get to buy it or not! Jonathan thinks that was uncalled for and that I'm a dork, but I was thrilled with his determination to buy the house! It needed to be rewarded!

Long story short- the house is now occupied by Mr. Patient himself! NO more extra power, water, trash bills! No more letters about weeds from TWO HOA's! Let us actually begin the stress free life of renters! :) :) :)

3 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Awesome! I can SO relate with this post!! Ours has been going since March and we still have no definite answers! Driving me CRAZY!! CONGRATS and enjoy the stress free life of renting, I know I am! Isn't it weird how this process can change your outlook on ever owning a home again!?!

kory and tina family said...

Congrats! I can't believe how long the banks drag the process out. But's it's finally over for you guys. Yeah!!!

Jonathon and Amanda said...

That's exciting. Congrats!!!