Well Gentry is officially gone from our home, but not gone from our lives. We have a good relationship starting with the new family and I know that we'll see her again soon. It will be nice to see her grown and change, to keep in touch with Gentry & Allie. :)
Around 7 pm we met up at a park on our side of town. Since we both live on the west side, it made no sense for us each to drive clear to child haven. (23 miles from our house) We were waiting when they pulled up and Allie couldn't get out of the car fast enough. Much to my delight, she ran to me 1st! She jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest, tightest hug ever!! Then she pulled her head back and just looked at me with a confused grin. I think it was surreal for her to be with us again so soon. She said Hi to Carlaya, but surprised me when she asked for Noah and then took off to see him. She and Noah ran to each other with open arms. It was so adorable. I didn't see Allie or my kids again for about 20 minutes. They ran off and were having the time of their life running a muck with each other.
I knew the mom/dad couldn't wait to get their hands on this baby they've waited 11 years for. So I pulled Gentry out of her car seat and over to "mama". Immediately I started going over her routine and what she likes & dislikes and tips. Not only do they not know exactly what Gentry needs (as far as her acid reflux meds & such) but they've never had a baby at all, so I wanted to give them just some basic advise as well.
I didn't realize how late it was and it was getting chilly quick with the sun behind Lone Mountain. Gentry was cold and hello....hungry! I didn't pack a good diaper bag knowing this was it with her. But they didn't pack a bottle because well it's not their responsibility and didn't know her feeding schedule. Duh, me! I felt bad to send them off with a wound up 5 year old (who kept climbing in our car and didn't want to get out because she wasn't ready to say goodbye again so soon) and a crying baby who was starving because of me.
Luckily I got a good email tonight from them saying all was well and things couldn't be better or at least "funner" at their house. I love know the girls are in good hands. Surprisingly I am not too sad. I thought I might cry when I handed her over or at least when we drove away with an empty car seat. But I feel fine.
We prayed that things would happen the way they are supposed to AND that we would be ok with the way things happened. And we are.....OK. I am excited to sleep a solid nights sleep and have a whole morning to myself to tackle the laundry while the kids are at school.
Meanwhile we'll be gearing up for the next baby! :)
1 comment:
it has been so neat hearing your experiences. You guys are an amazing fam. I miss you!
Post a Comment