Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carlaya turns 6!

On February 10th, Carlaya turned six years old! I can't believe she is that old already!
After having a friends party every year (except #2 when I was on bed rest, 4 days from having Noah) we decided that she should maybe do a every-other year party. So from now on odd years with friends, even years with family.
After taking her to school, I ran by the $ store to get a few more V-Day decorations to spruce up the dinning room. She decided this year she just wanted a Valentines party instead of some dumb over used theme. Yay! I put up pink streamers, a tin bucket full of chocolate hearts with a "i love you" balloon on a stick in the center, 3 heart/start balloons tied to HER chair and a V-day tablecloth...but it might as well been Christmas when my poor deprived kids saw it. They were ecstatic! he he he It did look like an awesome Valentines party was about to go down, but I mean.... it wasn't as cool as they made it.

We decided to torture her and make her wait till dad got home to open her gifts. Lucky for us, he was home by 2:30. So let the party begin! Carlaya wanted an actual party- even though it was just us. So we let her pick the games. 1st up, karaoke! grrrreeeat! :( She was 1st to go and wanted to sing along with some jazzy tune off of kids bop. I took the mic and sang along with Sean Kingston (again from kids bop) Yeah!! ;) Then Allie rocked the mic with some Hanna Montana, Noah was too shy so he danced while daddy sang. Jonathan decided to kill our ears and belt out "Breakfast at Tiffany's" A Capella with Noah as the backup dancer. I should have taped it!!

From her 3rd princess birthday party, we still have a blow-up castle ring toss game. So we each took a turn and then I let the kids have at it while I finished up a last minute cake. I was just going to make 1/2 cake since I knew Sat. we'd have cake with Noah and my sister's family. With some extra batter, I made a small heart cake as well. Carlaya got to decorate that one herself and I did quite the # on mine. LOL It was horrendous to look at- but BOMB.COM!

After not very good luck on the ring toss, she started to get REALLY grumpy and crying too much, so we killed that game and started the presents. She loved all her gifts from us, Allie, Noah and Grandparents. It was a little hard for Allie to watch. With each gift, her face got sadder and sadder. Usually if one gets something, I get the other something too. Trying to keep things fair. But birthdays are just different, and Allie knows that. She had her party with us back in July. Carlaya did get 2 sets of Princess & the Frog Polly Pockets, so it was back to normal after the gifts when they shared nicely and played together. Carlaya has even offered to let Allie sleep in her Princess & the Frog nightgown. She's been very accommodating to Allie.
Decorating her little heart cake. She was writing her name.

So excited to see Princess & the Frog Polly's!


one happy birthday girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie!

kory and tina family said...

Happy Birthday Carlaya. Somehow I forgot to call. So sorry!

Stacey T. said...

I would've loved to see all of you rocking out on the kereoke machine lol! Sounds like she had a great party!!! I can't believe she's already that old, seems like we were just hanging out with you guys when you were still pregnant with her! Crazy! Speaking of, we need to plan a day or night to hang out, we haven't seen you guys forever!!