Thursday, October 08, 2009

Miley Cyrus- Yeah Baby!

So we gave in. They're only 5 and concerts aren't really necessary at that age- but hey with a smokin' deal and two obsessed girls...It was actually really fun!
Like I said in a previous post, the girls knew nothing of it. We kept it a total surprise until we were walking up to the Thomas & Mack. As we sat in crazy traffic trying to get there, they were seeing tons of Miley Cyrus posters & billboards and Allie was sure we were going. But Carlaya just knew that we weren't that cool. #1 it costs too much (like we explained months ago) and #2 "we're not old enough to go". She convinced Allie that mom/dad are NOT taking us to Miley Cyrus. They argued back and forth, but the excitement was still growing, they knew we were going somewhere really fun- regardless! As we were walking clear across the parking lot- they were really confused because we were walking towards a Miley Cyrus sign...so of course, we couldn't lie forever. I had to tell them.
Their jaws dropped and they just kind of smiled. ("That's it"!!! I thought...) I was bummed by their reaction, but they were kind of shocked and still not sure whether they could believe us. As we walked up, they screamed with delight! :)
Here we sit, waiting for the show to start.....

(not sure why Allie blocked her face)
The interesting pre-show was by Metro Station. (lead singer is Miley's brother) Some songs I had heard on the radio but most was rock even hard rock and didn't appeal to the girls what-so-ever! They were pretty bored and getting anxious for Miley.
Then....out she came! That little girl can put on quite the show! We were high up but straight up from the stage, so it was actually a decent view....

Can you see her? Pull out your spectacles- she's there... at the piano!
I wanted a first reaction picture! I was able to actually get both their reactions on camera. How cute are their smiles?!

kinda dorky- but excited as can be!

Allie just couldn't believe it! I love her reaction!! She was exploding with excitement!


The only disappointments for the girls were:
#1 She actually came out with brown hair as Miley Cyrus. Hanna Montana is supposed to do the concerts. Miley is the "normal girl". Or so I'm told.....LOL
#2 They weren't able to go down there and hug her. Geez, if only they'd just let all the little girls hug Miley! How crazy would that get?!
Tired little Tot on Daddy's shoulders.... teeny tiny 5!

They both smiled the whole way through (except when I said they couldn't hug Miley) and were thrilled to actually be able to go. Within 15 minutes of being in the car- they were both drooling in their own lap....past 10 pm!