I knew this Summer would be the last of sleeping in and long days hanging out with my kids. I wanted to have a fun Summer for them before they were both off to School and with Foster kids around (coming & going) I wanted to make it fun for them too!
We took advantage of the Family FREE Movie Festival @ Regal. Here's what we saw:
Space Chimps
Madagascar 2
Horton Hears a Who
InkHeart (well I saw this one by myself- mom's only trip)
Surfs Up
Jouney to the Center of the Earth
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
Bee Movie
Curious George
AND Alvin & the Chipmunks!
The kids love the movies and so do I. We tried to go every week, but we missed a few times. Then other weeks, we'd see 2 movies in one week! We were able to take Giovanni (foster) to some, Bailey (a cousin), and Alexandra (Current foster).
We also went to see movies in the Park. The local "Butterfly Park" shows a movie in the park once a month on a giant blow up screen. It is so fun! We take snacks and blankets and pillows and lay on the grass hill. We went to all 3 summer movies!
We swam at "Aunt Terri's" only once and Uncle Travis's twice. But we have friends with pools and tried to go twice a month.
We went to the Library a lot and participated in lots of their summer activities for kids, We visited the Springs Preserve for the first time, and I tried to stay committed to our "Summer Calender" I made here at home full of crafts and activities.
Overall, I think our Summer has been a blast and I don't think we had many boring days at all.
Although I am excited for the kids to start school, I'll miss our days home alone. Well mostly, I'll miss the sleeping in!
No comments:
Post a Comment