Friday, August 07, 2009

A Birthday for Alexandra


I know this isn't much to look at, BUT it is a Birthday cake- for a very deserving little girl!
Our little Ally turned 5 on July 16th, just 11 days before being placed in our home. After hearing that she not only had no cake- she had no presents, we had to take action! We would have had a party right away for her, but thought it might be more fun with a few more kids around. My sister Amber, her hubby Jonathan and her 2 kids & baby were in town from the 3rd-5th. So on Tuesday night, we threw a party.

Ally knew we were going to be having a party because we had all been talking about it. But we wanted to keep it somewhat of a surprise. After dinner, we sent all the kids outback to play while we decorated the house, iced a cake and wrapped her presents. When we finally yelled for them to come it, she was pleasantly surprised to see a cake- Just for Her!



She was beaming from ear to ear while we sang to her in the dark. She wasn't quite sure what to make of all the attention. But she did LOVE it.



Ally asked over and over again, "When can we open MY presents!" She advised us that this was her 1st party, 1st cake and very first presents!! Look how proud she is....of her presents!


First one she opened was a stuffed Gorilla that she begged for earlier that afternoon while we were school clothes shopping at Kohls. My sister Amber was shopping with us with her 7 year old daughter Bailey. It was a fun, girls day out shopping for school clothes. Ally saw this at the checkout and begged for it. After buying some new clothes, I told her we weren't getting it today and she was pretty bummed. My Sister decided to sneak it into her bag and surprise Ally. She was thrilled! (not that this picture shows it though)




I am so mad that I took this picture 2 seconds too late! When she first saw a glimpse of her purse, her face got so big and she screamed......"JONAS BROTHERS!!!!" Apparently she LOVES them and has really been wanting a purse of her own. (Carlaya has several of them)



Here she is talking about how much she loves the purse!! :)


It was a fun night and Ally was thrilled with her gifts: a gorilla for her bed, a new Jonas Bro. purse and 2 barbies of her very own!
I had a table set up for just the girls: Carlaya, Bailey and Ally. They had a pink table cloth, princess plates, fancy cups, and pink silverware. Ally loved that too!
Happy Birthday little miss Ally!

4 comments:

Tessa Marie said...

Wow! I can't even imagine how much this party must have meant to her. You guys are awesome foster parents, and she is one lucky girl to be living with you guys!

katierose said...

you are the BEST influence on this cutie! looks like a great party, camille! you are amazing :)

Bleak's said...

Fun! I wish we could have came too!

The Lively's said...

Your so sweet! I bet it meant the world to her! I love b- days & couldn't imagine missing one as a kid!