Monday, August 03, 2009

Anderson Dairy Tour

On Friday, we had a playgroup date to tour the Anderson Dairy here in town. I called back in early June to schedule a tour and the 31st was the soonest they had. Actually it was the last open morning of the summer. They are a busy place!
The Tour starts off in this fun little theater like room and this Cow gives you the "shpeal" on how the dairy works and what not. They also had some chicken puppets that talked.
Then we head out and down the hall to look through their big windows and all the factory machines pumping out milk, sour cream and ice cream. At least those were the 3 we saw.
Ally wanted to stop in front of each display and demanded (in the cutest way of course) that I take her picture. She had a blast, as did Noah & Carlaya.
We ended in the same big room, watching a movie about how the dairy first started back in 1920 something I think. Too many kids in there to catch all the details! Anyway, it was interesting to see old footage of Las Vegas and see how the valley has changed over the years. And to see how they made and delivered the milk way back when.
After the movie, they served Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream to all of us- for FREE! As you can see in the picture, Ally was not pleased with what she got. Apparently-she wanted chocolate. LOL

3 comments:

The Roe Family said...

Fun! If you guys ever want to venture out this way you're more than welcome. Hope everything is going good with your foster kids. I love that you keep us posted.

Bleak's said...

That's cool! Who knew the dairy was the place to go? Ally is a cutie. Are all the kids getting along?

Kathy said...

I missed it! Dang! I need to check the blog more often then I do.