Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Carlaya's Swim Lessons


Carlaya started swim lessons last week. She has them M-F from 1:45- 2:30 for 2 straight weeks. They START learning to hum under water, hold their breath and float on their own. They end their 2 weeks by swimming 2 different strokes on their own with no help! Jaycee is an amazing teacher and we used her last year as well. But our lesson was in August and we only swam about 3 times between then and this summer. So of course- Carlaya lost it all. I hoping with lots of swimming this year, she'll be a pro and never forget. We'll see!




By the 4th day or so of lessons, Jaycee has them swim under water for short distances on their own. She walks backwards right in front of them and they swim towards her. So that she can help and give them needed breaks.



Today (8th lesson) was the 1st time they had to jump from the side of the pool, come up for a breath and then swim to the teacher all on their own! I am so sad I missed it. I sent Carlaya with Karen Condos, a friend of ours from our old ward across town- who also lives out here. Her daughter is in Carlaya's class. Karen was so sweet to snap all these pictures for me, because with 2 three year olds to watch near a pool, I haven't taken any pictures of my own yet.

No comments: