With the nice warm/HOT weather approaching, I've been working hard to get our backyard ready for summer. Last fall I saw this canopy on Walmart.com for 70% off. So I talked Jonathan into getting it. We were so excited we got it all set up and then the fall winds came! I was worried the wind blowing the curtains around and ripping at the actual canopy up top would ruin the frame. So we pulled off the curtains and took the top cover off. Then it just sat all winter looking bare and lame. :( Finally with the HOT sun here, we were able to put it all back up. I love the way it looks but also LOVE the shade I have to sit in, while watching my kids play.
I also bought 2 trees in February with one of my last few paychecks (working for my old boss from home) to plant in the back yard. I put them each in the 2 worst dead spots I struggled with last summer. Smart huh?! he he he I've since been spraying weed killer and fertilizing the lawn trying to get it green. It's still not where I want it but hey at least it's green!
___________________________
JONATHAN'S 1st SUIT!
What a stud, eh? Ever since Jonathan and I have been married, I've wanted him to get a suit. I love a hot man in a suit! He had a Jewish girlfriend in H.S. and her cousin in FL was having a Bar Mitzvah and so he bought a good looking suit for that. When we started dating at 20 and I drug his butt to church, he wore it to impress me. He looked slick, but lets just say the suit had shrunk or he had grown! LOL So that was the one and only time I've ever even seen him in a suit. (with the exception of his wedding day tux) His reason for not getting one sooner? Their too expensive or it's too hot to wear a suit.....blah blah blah! Finally I some how talked him into spending his hard earned money on a suit and not a ton of take out/fast food. (or something else we waist our money on)
of course the kids wanted in on the photo session!
________________________________

This is how Carlaya and I spent many mornings the past few weeks- scrubbing our tile with GREASED LIGHTING!
________________________________

Finally talked Jonathan into getting bunk beds for our foster kid. We are taking boy/girl, but have always planned on adopting a boy. So while at IKEA in California, I picked up another matching bedspread! I love the way they look.

This is how Carlaya and I spent many mornings the past few weeks- scrubbing our tile with GREASED LIGHTING!
________________________________

Finally talked Jonathan into getting bunk beds for our foster kid. We are taking boy/girl, but have always planned on adopting a boy. So while at IKEA in California, I picked up another matching bedspread! I love the way they look.
So if we get a boy, he'll sleep in this room with Noah. If we get a girl, Noah will move into the office (where Carlaya sleeps) and she and her foster sister will take the bunks. We have 2 non-matching girl blankets I guess I'll have to use in that case.
Carlaya's best friends from School- Gracie & "Jon Jon" come to play every once in a while and Noah just adores Jon Jon. The girls were playing dress up (didn't get a picture) and Jon conveniently brought "guy dress ups" for he and Noah. Noah was thrilled to dress so manly!



3 comments:
I can't believe Jonathan's never had a suit until now--besides for a Bar Mitzvah!? What??? That's hilarious! He looks good!
I love the matching bunk beds!
Very cute!
Love the suit Jonathan! You look great! And I love the picture of Carlaya putting some muscle into cleaning the floor. POOR CINDER-RELLY! Tanner is always wanting to scrub toilets. WEIRD. Hopefully he keeps up the attitude!
Post a Comment