Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh Joy!

In light of the horrible economy- especially speaking of the local housing market....I thought I'd just rant for a moment!
As I logged on tonight to schedule our ridiculous house payment for June 1st- I looked closely at some of the breath taking facts:

Our home is probably going for about $142,000 right now. And that's if we're lucky.

Take this in............ We will finally ONLY owe $142,000 on our home on June 1st, 2027!

Oh, I just love being a home owner! :) I think I'll sleep wonderfully tonight. No stress at all.....

5 comments:

Amber Lee said...

Don't stress. Just keeping making your payments and living right. Things'll work out, the housing market will straighten out, and eventually the value may even go back up to a reasonable amount!

Young Family said...

Atleast at this point you would break even. I know being a home owner is so overrated right now!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

At least you are almost at a point where you owe what it's worth! That's better than a lot of folks in this town - including me!

Camille said...

let me straighten you folks out- i was being very sarcastic! WE owe WAY more than the stupid thing is worth!! About $100,000+ :(

So we won't break even for a long time! Thanks for trying to be positive right now!

Stacey T. said...

lol I was so confused when I read everyone elses comments until you added yours! Dont worry, I can totally relate! Our house down there is the same way!