
Ok, so if you know me very well- you know I LOVE Moster Trucks! I think they are just plain awesome! I've loved them since I was a kid and genuinly have loved Grave Digger since the 1st time I saw him perform. I love the style and the look of his truck. So I think I am an authentic fan- because yeah, everyone loves Grave Digger- he is hands down the most popular truck. But I liked him BEFORE it was the "it" thing. (i just have to say) And I love the fact that Dennis Anderson has been the only driver of Grave Digger for 28 years! He is awesome and I'll be sad the dad he decides to retire.
So anyway, Monster Jam World Finals was Saturday night. I bought my tickets back in November to ensure a good seat. Jonathan and I went last year with Noah (who was FREE) and were really high up because we waited too long to get tickets. This year he said it was too expensive and didn't care to go. So I bought tickets for just Noah and I! I was pretty excited for our mommy/son date. Also last year I couldn't talk Jonathan into going to the Pit Party, so you better believe I was there this year. Noah and I left our house shortly after 1 pm. We didn't get home until almost 1 am that night....... WE had an Fantastic day of Fun! It was BAD!
The Pit Party- was all the trucks on display to look at and take pictures of. My favorite was the Grave Digger, because my life long dream was fulfilled- I was able to sit in the drivers seat!!
So anyway, Monster Jam World Finals was Saturday night. I bought my tickets back in November to ensure a good seat. Jonathan and I went last year with Noah (who was FREE) and were really high up because we waited too long to get tickets. This year he said it was too expensive and didn't care to go. So I bought tickets for just Noah and I! I was pretty excited for our mommy/son date. Also last year I couldn't talk Jonathan into going to the Pit Party, so you better believe I was there this year. Noah and I left our house shortly after 1 pm. We didn't get home until almost 1 am that night....... WE had an Fantastic day of Fun! It was BAD!
The Pit Party- was all the trucks on display to look at and take pictures of. My favorite was the Grave Digger, because my life long dream was fulfilled- I was able to sit in the drivers seat!!
Boo-yah! I waited in line for 35 minutes but so so so worth it! Now only, if I could take Mr. Anderson into letting me take it for a short drive....hmmmm, maybe next year!
We checked out some of the displays, took lots of pictures, then I let Noah run off some energy. They had a sand pit full of toy monster trucks to play with, and then a few balloon slides to play on. We rocked out to the band...well mostly Noah did (LOL- hilarious to watch) and then I talked him into waiting in another 45 minute line. I had to have me a little ride in one. They had 3 trucks running- Bone Crusher, Blue Thunder and War Wizard (more of a suburban). Noah really wanted to ride in War Wizard but you don't pick, you just ride in what is available once your turn comes up. It was a short ride but pretty sweet! They actually get up and go pretty fast, then hit two jumps. No, we didn't catch any air, but a bumpy ride no less! Noah screamed like a girl for 1/2 of it, but I think he still liked it. :)


During our scary ride
Noah patiently waiting for the show to begin
How my lovely date spent most the night, with his little hand on my thigh...
The show was amazing! They opened with the loud thunder engines reving it up around the track and tons of fire shooting and fire crackers!

Maximum Destruction was the racing Champion. But my favorite part to watch is always the freestlye. I believe Airforce Afterburner went first, and he was amazing!! It was so awesome I screamed and jumped to my feet at least twice. I knew right then he had to have won the freestyle round. Some of the trucks were a let down, they tipped it over after only one jump and a lame one at that...but several others were awesome. Max D also pulled off the 1st ever Monster Jam back flip...he did a back flip and 1/2!

Maximum Destruction was the racing Champion. But my favorite part to watch is always the freestlye. I believe Airforce Afterburner went first, and he was amazing!! It was so awesome I screamed and jumped to my feet at least twice. I knew right then he had to have won the freestyle round. Some of the trucks were a let down, they tipped it over after only one jump and a lame one at that...but several others were awesome. Max D also pulled off the 1st ever Monster Jam back flip...he did a back flip and 1/2!
Last year, a truck "Scarlet Bandit" romped around and did pretty good- at the end a hot chick jumped out. I was floored!! This year, I brought her toy truck and hoped I could get her signature. She was a no show..... However, two awesome other chicks were driving. Madusa and Monster Mutt- Dalmation driven by Candace Jolley! So there is at least 3 Monster Truck female drivers.....I'd say they have room for one more.
**Stayed tuned for more information on the 1st Mormon Mommy Monster Truck driver!***
BTW- I tried pretty hard to get Dennis Anderson's autograph. You had to get a pass early in the day to be in one of 2 autograph sessions. (because he is so high demand) I couldn't get a pass for either but was told that AFTER the show he'd be signing. Well the show ran late- didn't get over till after 11pm. Noah was completely passed out in a major SUGAR COMA! 

I was carrying him, a heavy bag full of our stuff, and two seat cushions! All 24 drivers were going to be outside in the parking lot where the pit party had been held. A LONG LONG walk from where we were inside the stadium.... Was I going to let that hold me back? I think not! I packed his 32 lbs. I swear for a mile, while juggling everything else on my arms. When I walked into the autograph area I about cried. The line was already almost 2 hours long! I knew I just couldn't do it holding Noah. So we stood to the side up front right where the drivers were going to be walking in. Noah woke up and was groggy but supportive. :) No one around, because they were all in line....so I was up front and going to be 1+ feet away from each one. My Man Dennis Anderson walked out first!!

He even stopped to talk to the man next to me, and gave a couple nearby kids high-five! What was I thinking.....I guess I wasn't.....I should have given him my high-5! Again, maybe next year. So yeah I have a few regrets, but with a 3 year old in tow- I pushed my limits as far as possible. Another 2 mile walk later, we got to the car at 11:52 and home by about 12:55 am. It was awesome, Rad, BAD TO THE BONE and you better bet I'll be there next year!!
Monster Jam 2010 here I come!!!!





8 comments:
If only we knew. We love Monster Trucks. 2010 here we come too.
how awesome are you guys!! sounds fun! i wanna go someday!!
Oh my gosh...that cracks me up! I had no idea you were into monster trucks, lucky Noah has such a fun mom. Lucas will have to enjoy that with his dad. :)
That is the funniest blog entry. I had no idea! I can't believe that you remember all of the names of the trucks and drivers! I am sure that Noah had a blast, every little boy loves trucks! I am glad that you had a fun little date with your little man.
i like big trucks too :)
lol you are so funny! Sounds like you had a blast!
You're such a redneck, it cracks me up. Even I, your sister, didn't know how truly obsessed you were until you were telling me the other day. I love the pic of Noah's hand on your thigh--the cutest!
Tanner is going to be jealous when he sees the pictures of you guys. It looks like it was pretty fun. I've seen the Airforce one here, the tires are so big! I like the picture of Noah's little hand on your leg! Too cute.. what a fun date!
Post a Comment