
My Parents foreign exchange student "Ase" (pronounced O-saw) from Norway and I went Snowboarding at Brian Head on Wednesday. I love to snowboard, but don't acutally get up to Brian Head but maybe once a year. Jonathan has only been once and HATED it. He has a super boney butt and just doesn't stand up well against the mountain! LOL I've tried all winter to talk him into it and he just really didn't want to go and there weren't many open weekends for us to make the trip up there. So finally I just took Ase and went on a weekday, leaving the kids with my mom.
Jonathan's cousin Andrew works up there as "Ski Patrol" and hooked us up with FREE passes! :) Thanks so much Andrew- we had a blast!!

Me, Ase, and Andrew on the ski lift heading up
A look back down the mountain, much higher than I cared to be snowboarding back down
Andrew works from the Giant Steps Lodge, so he talked us into staying there to ski (snowboard) with him. Giant Steps is for people with skills- people who KNOW what the heck they are doing. I usually go to Navajo Lodge, spend 1/2 the day on the bunny hill and then try out the bigger hills a couple times.
At Giant Steps they are all big hills and some very very big hills. Andrew said I'd be fine and talked me into it. My 1st two times down (a very big, steep hill) I made it to the bottom without falling once!! Yippee! LOL Overall, I only fell a handful of times, and that was mostly on the waves or rolls- Andrew also talked me into! The stinker, failed to show me the sign that says, "Freestyle Skills Required, Helmets Recommended"!!! What the heck!!! NOT For amatuers! Either way, I tried new things (against my will- by force of Andrew & Ase) and I had a lot of fun.
Thursday when I woke up, I felt like I had been hit by a freight train- today THE SAME. I am pretty sore. My neck and shoulders actuallyhurt the worst- not sure why?! I will live.....

3 comments:
lol you are so funny! that sounds so fun... I know what you mean when you said you feel like you were hit by a train, that's how i feel every time I am done snowboarding! I haven't been in forever.. next time you go I'm coming too!!!
I would love for you to come too. Next winter I'll come up north and we'll go! :) Jonathan won't go- so I'll have to go alone or find a friend....your it!
I so wouldn't have dared go! I have never gone skiing or snowboarding and don't ever plan too. I've gotten hurt bad enough tubbing. There is no way I am going to stand up and go down a hill! I bet Ase was dying to go, it seems like she is always wanting to!
Post a Comment