I don't know about everyone else, but this year's holiday season has been especially busy and super short! I swear I started shopping in like September and have been all but done ever since. But yet, I still have been busy out of my mind. 2 gifts were MADE and took a long time, like months! Once those were done on Dec. 7th, part of the dark cloud was lifted, then I just had to get the grandparents squared away. Finally today, that too was DONE DONE DONE. So Jonathan is pretty much done, unless I see something I want to add to his collection of gifts, Noah is done, Carlaya is done, but one S.A.N.T.A. gift has still some work to do. And then I realized on Saturday...Hello?! Christmas is THIS week!! I haven't even taken treats to all our friends!! What the heck! So in the kitchen I stood making 3 different treats trying to make some sort of sugary collection on a last minute, Santa paper plate. Last night I spent about 35 minutes delivering the goods and felt so releived once they were done!
Now, I just have my one daunghting project...... Carlaya's Barbie House FROM SANTA. Jonathan and his dad built it for me, and I now I have the pleasure of designing the interior. Painting, wood floors (contact paper), carpet, disco ball, mirrors hung on walls, furniture bought/ made, etc etc etc. The only hard part is I can only work on it after 8-8:30 pm when the kids go to bed. Do you have any idea how cold our garage has been? I got an old peice of carpet to kneel on and used a space heater aimed at my backside. (Jonathan took the liberty of taking that to work last week to heat himself...how nice!) So now my Christmas countdown calendar is just haunting me. THREE DAYS. I still have a seond coat of paint to do in the L. Room, fix or re-do the kitchen/ bathrooms floors, hot glue or staple the carpet in B.Room ,L.Room & attic, install the mirrors, hang the curtains, and on Chrismas eve: position all the furniture, put up Barbie's Christmas tree, set up the new Barbies in their new house, and so on.
Don't get me wrong this is super fun and I LOVE it. But with everything else this month, I just really haven't had anytime with it.
So wish me luck, I really only have tonight and tomorrow to work on it!
Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas to you all! May your season be less stressful than mine!
3 comments:
Bobby was just telling me about the house last night, sounds awesome!! Cant wait to see it, Im sure you'll get it done on time! Merry Christmas!!!
My parents did that eXACT thing for me when i was little. I loved it because it was all customized and it was way more sturdy than the ones my friends had. I felt the pressure last week but now i'm all done and ready.
Thank you for the goodies, they were yummy, Ava loved the ones with the hershey kiss in them! I was curious as to who they were from. You are way better than me, I vetoed the idea of baking treats this year. It has been a very crazy and weird Christmas season this year! I hope that you and your family have a woderful Christmas, and I want to see this Barbie house once it is completed!
Post a Comment