Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Our Labor Day Weekend....

Well my week was definitely LONG, but lots of fun. I left town last Monday night to head to Lincoln to "can peaches" with my mom. Little did I know that my peaches were not at all ripe enough yet, so we just hung out instead! LOL I helped re-arrange furniture and help them get ready for exchange student #8 (? I think maybe #9)
On Thursday morning, I stopped in Cedar to visit my sister Amber and let our kids play. We decided to spend one night with them and unfortunately she started bleeding really bad in the night. (she about 20 weeks prego). So I watched the kids Friday morning while she and hubby went to the doc. She has placenta previa, and was put on immediate bed rest. So I stuck around most of the day, trying to help with the kids and clean up a bit.
Carlaya and Noah asleep on Amber's floor! They are both cuddlers and sleep together almost every night!
Friday evening, I headed to Hurricane for the weekend. Jonathan caught a ride with his dad/ bro-in-law who are down here working so that worked out great! Labor Day weekend in Hurricane is "Peach Days". Its a city wide fair. They have a whole street blocked off for booths and food vendors and you name it. Friday night, Jonathan's mom and little sister Hanna were in the play "Come see our Valley". It was a musical about how the Hurricane canal came to be. It was really cute and our kids LOVED seeing Grandma AND aunt Hanna on stage.

Saturday morning was the big PARADE, The weather was so perfect and the kids got TONS of candy! Aunt Hanna is trying to teach Noah to "run after candy"!!


me and my lover-boy!!
At the park, the candy man had big "potato guns" that shot out candy! Yes MORE CANDY for the kids! Notice everyone ducking as it came raining down...

SAND HOLLOW
Monday morning, Jonathan, his dad and lil' bro Matt all got up BEFORE light to go fishing. Much to Jonathan's dismay.....Matt caught 7, his dad one tiny one that was thrown back, and Jonathan= NONE! They came back for lunch and Jonathan just couldn't accept not catching anything. So he talked me and the kids into going back out for a second try. I'm glad we did
because Sand Hollow was really really pretty! I only wish I would have thought to take the kids swimsuits out. I was thinking of a gross fishing lake, not one this pretty! But they had fun climbing on the rocks and putting their feet in the water instead.

Here daddy is sharing with Carlaya all the secrets to fishing. he he he....only NONE of them work!
Noah had a blast just being a little boy.

Isn't it gorgeous?! There was actually people everywhere; swimming, on jet skies, boats, you name it. I don't know how I managed to get a clear shot......

Monday night heading home.........I just had to take a picture of the sunset. I actually took about 6-7. I thought it was so pretty, then minutes later it got a little more golden, so I'd take another, then it got more vivid so I'd take another one. This is one of the last shots and one of the best. I just love the sunsets in the desert!

2 comments:

kory and tina family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wish we would have been there. We always seem to miss each other when we go down there.

Stacey T. said...

I love the picture of Carlaya and Noah cuddling, how cute is that?! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!