
So Noah has been showing INTEREST in the toilet for quite some time. But being interested in it and actually doing it- is entirely two different things! During the last couple weeks, he has been asking to go pee pee ALL THE TIME. Now, the majority of the time he just sits there till his "legs hurt" and then gets off. But more and more, he'd actually pee while on there.
Noah is really good about telling me when he IS pooping (in his diaper) or at least will stand in front of me while grunting! LOL So I've grabbed him a couple times, in hope of making it to the toilet and avoid a nasty diaper. Most times, I make it............but then he just sits, and sits. Never pooping. So I figured he had that insane fear kids develop about pooping on the toilet. GREAT!!!
Well this morning, he stood in the hall (while I was on the computer) and told me, "mama.....pooping" I could see in his face, he was pushing.....so I ran him to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet. I figured he just sit there until his legs hurt and then get off. Well he came back into the office a few minutes later and said "poo poo...toilet". Of course I didn't believe him, but went to check anyway. SURE ENOUGH, my wonderful son- Pooped in the toilet!! Hooray! WE might be in the home stretch of potty training!!
(now I must add, that after pooping, I decided to put him in undies, and well he had 2 accidents in 5 minutes. So we got pooping down, and regressed on pee! wonderful)
3 comments:
Oh, man. Potty training doesn't sound like fun but he's making progress . . . even if he takes a few steps backwards sometimes!
Horray for Noah! Just let him pee his pant in underwear for a week making you clean up lots of messes but then he will realize he doesn't like getting wet and start peeing on the toilet! That's what I did at least. I don't know if it will work with him!
YAY Noah!!!! That is such a big step! Im thinking about starting Lauren in the next couple of months, not really looking forward to it though lol!
Post a Comment