Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Plastics!

My sister in law (Jonathan's sister Tina) just posted a blog about plastics and the different chemicals that are in them. My MIL also told me about it a week ago when she saw it on the news. Apparently the triangle of arrows on the bottom of plastic has a number 1-7 on it that depicts the kind of plastic it is and what chemicals are in it. Anyway, some are super bad for you and should not be used. My SIL went into detail and has pictures of what she found in her own house. 3,6,7 are the bad numbers to watch out for. Lucky for me, I have not seen any of these on any of my plastics. But go read her blog to be further enlightened! :)

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I've read and heard about this for a while now...kinda scary! I'll be looking for numbers from now on. :)

Bleak's said...

You tell me that I need to update! It's been like 3 weeks since you did! Anyhow I read your thing on plastics and went through my house. The only thing with a 7 is the Caramel syrup like your sis in law had! But then I saw a thing of it on Nightly News with Brian Williams! Why are companies so booty and are trying to kill us!?