Tuesday, January 08, 2008

oh, the reality shows!!

K, so I've really hated this writer's strike thing, because Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice were like the only shows I really watch and now they're off air. I do love reality shows, specially the ones on TLC like "jon & kate plus 8" and "little people big world" and even with a strike- you can count on reality show! So I have been channel surfing alot trying to find something to watch. (specially with Jonathan working out of town for a while)
Well Friday night I found the best show, it's on TLC and it is a reality show re-vamping the "Miss America Pageant". It is like a joke now, all the barbie girls and their staged answers. They are just like barbie robots and the show used to be really big and an honnor for "miss America". So they are giving all the Miss ______ (states) a make-over and re-doing the way the show will be. All 52 of them live together in one house and have been split into teams and have challenges and stuff. A beauty crew is showing them (on this coming fridays show) how to soften their look. More modern hair- not so poofy- and softer makeup- less is more. Anyway, another cool thing is they are letting America vote for the 1st time. You can log onto TLC and get to know the candidates personally and decide who really should be Miss America. (cool huh?) :) LOL

The other cool show is the Celebrity Apprentice. I watched the regular Apprentice off and on, but never followed it too closely but the celebrity version just started and I am hooked. I watched a re-run of the 1st episode last night. I actually knew more of the men then the women. My favoites are Tito Ortiz, Lennix Lewis, and the guys from KISS (can't remember his name now, of course)
Anyway, I think it's going to be more intense than even the original Apprentice!! So basically yeah, that's what I do when Jonathan's gone, go show hunting! LOL

6 comments:

The Baker said...

you know I am right there with you, I watch both of them.

kory and tina family said...

I don't watch much TV but I loved Greys Anatomy. I decided recently that I needed to be more careful with what tv programs I was watching. Grey's Anatomy was one that I decided I didn't need to be watching anymore. I do miss it though. I find myself wondering what the different characters our doing now? Who's sleeping with who? LOL

Life can get a whole lot tuffer when hubbies are out of town. I can hardly wait for the day that we have more buisness around town then out of town and Kory's not gone as much as he is. Good Luck.

Young Family said...

I HATE the writers strike! Grey's, Private Practice, The Office all are on re-runs or off completely. Anyways, I just wanted to sympathize with you.

Andrus Family said...

Camille, we are so on the same page! I love all of those TLC shows you were talking about (Ryan and I love Little People, Big World!) I'm gonna have to try this Miss America one you're talking about 'cause I've seen the commercials a million times - thanks for the tip!

The Roe Family said...

i'm not into reality shows i like the little people one though.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I stick to Grey's....Lost....and The Biggest Loser. Glad you've found something to entertain you while your hubby is gone!