Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 6 and 7









Today was our last full day at the Sandals Resort! We went kayaking in the morning and then lounged in the pool for quite some time. Later as part of their day activities they were having kayak relay races and they asked us to join in as their last couple. Sadly our team lost, but it was fun. Later I relaxed shade while Jonathan went for a bannana split. We napped in our room that afternoon for quite a while. We ate lunch at Bluefield's Beach Club again. I wished I'd taken my camera to show the view from this resturant! It is unbelievable, and the food is really great. After trying to spuce up a bit, we had our pictures taken on the beach in the sunset. (it was really hard to look nice here- the humidity is sooooo bad and my hair was like a fuzz ball the entire time. Also being that is was the last day I was a bit sunburned on my face too) After a fancy dinner at their top resturant we headed out for the evening entertainment. "Wonder man" balanced all kinds of crazy things off his head and later was a fire breathing "dragon"! Pretty crazy stuff and super fun to watch. this guy "slinky" was another act and rode a unicycle around doing lots of tricks, folded himself into crazy shapes (he was ridiculously limber- must have been dbl. jointed EVERYWHERE) Then the had a young boy doing dances with a pretty assistant and doing limbo all the way down to about 6-8 inches off the ground. Even doing limbo under fire!! After that they drug people out of the audience to limbo too- of course I was one of them and of course tonight I wore a skirt! I did ok the first two rounds, dancing along :) but I refused to go much lower because you have to have your legs so far apart and I would have been giving quite the peep show! What a fun last night!!

The next day, on Tuesday we had to leave by 11 am for the airport, so after breakfast we just walked around and tried to take it all in! Sad to go.........................

2 comments:

kory and tina family said...

What a wonderful vacation. I want to go with you next time.

Bleak's said...

I like the pictures. The one with the feet is like from a commercial.