Thursday, September 27, 2007

Day 1 & 2 in Jamaica at Sandals Whitehouse

Jonathan behind the boat, water skiing- hard to see
1st full day in Paradise!

We arrived late in the afternoon on Wednesday, and boy were we tired! We unpacked and got settled into our room then showered and got ready to go eat. We headed to dinner and although there was night entertainment, we were so tried and went back to our room for bed.
Our first full day in Paradise!! Well today was just plain fun! After a big buffet breakfast with everything you could even crave and more- we headed to the shore to check out the water sports. Jonathan wanted to waterski, so on with a life jacket and out he went. It took him a couple times to stay up, but then he rode quite a ways out in the bay and back. I wasn't so daring. I talked him into riding the big water trikes with me. It was fun, but quite exhausting- it was a lot of work to keep those wheels going. :) We tanned on the beach after swimming in the ocean and I dozed off in my lawn chair for about an hour while Jonathan went exploring. Later we went swimming in the pool by our room (1 of 4 big pools) After a traditional Jamaican lunch in their only Jamaican resturant "bluefields beach club" which is right on shore and has a spectacular view! I wish I had pictures!- we wandered through the resorts shops and just exploring the fabulous resort.
Every Thursday they hold a Pirates dinner at shore side, but you have to have reservations in advance, so luckily we read the daily news wed. night. It was so worth it. They had nice tables set up all fancy and then the servers were dressed as pirates and crew mates. All the food was on big sword like skewers and they just kept bringing it! Way too much food. During all of dinner a local kids group play the steel drums. (which I just love the sound of) it is the traditional Jamaican music. I went closer after eating to watch how they played and they pulled me right in- a girl stood right next to me and showed me to play. I think I may have botched that song a bit. LOL It was so much fun!

5 comments:

The Baker said...

Man it all looks like paradise, I am so jealous but so excited for my turn in 22 days!!!

kory and tina family said...

How fun!!

The Roe Family said...

man that looks like fun...wanna go again next year with us? i laughed out loud at the part where your swimsuit fell down. hope jonathon's fight went well sorry we didn't go we're all sick. come visit us.

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

Oh Man! It looks like you had a wonderful trip. I am totally jealous. I am glad you had a good time. Vacations are fun no matter how far away you go if you ask me. Be there is nothing like the beach.
How did Jonathan's fight go. Brandon was asking about it the other day, I wish we would have known about it. See you all soon.

Bleak's said...

It looks like you guys had the best time. It would be so fun to go on any vacation right now, especially one that had awesome beaches and a tropical paridise invloved! Jealous!!!