
Yesturday was Carlaya's 1st day of Preschool! She has been so excited to go and she has talked about it for weeks. Then just before we left to go, she started having major attitude. she didn't want me to do her hair, she wanted different shoes (twice!) and she wouldn't smile so I could take a picture. She was very angry. But inside I think she was mostly scared. She is quite shy lately. On the way there I asked if she was excited or nervous, because she was so quiet in the backseat. She told me in a very shaky voice that she was nervous. It was so cute, but sad at the same time. She actually went right in and was ok with me leaving after a minute or so but was still hesitant to go and play and interact with the other kids.

When I got there to pick her up I was a little early so I just stood and watched the class in the doorway. Every kid in the class noticed me, except her! She finished coloring her picture of herself and her "grandparents" then she took it to her teacher to show her. This is the picture above. Even after that she turned and went to the little girls that were done coloring and dancing to music. And being shy, she just stood and watched and didn't dare ask to hold hands and get in on the dancing.........I felt so bad for her. She just stood there watching the fun, feeling left out. But she was too shy to ask to play with them.


Shortly after, she finally noticed me and was so excited I came to "her school"! She wanted to show me everything. She thanked Miss Alex her teacher and we headed off. This last picture I took of her right outside her lil' school. :)
1 comment:
Sounds like she had a good time despite her shyness. I can't believe we have kids old enough to go to school.
Post a Comment