Many of you may have received an email from me today about Jump Rope for the Heart. Its a program for kids to earn money for the American Heart Association by jumping rope and learn about keeping their own heart healthy. Carlaya's P.E. teacher is a really cool guy and has all the kids totally pumped up for this. Carlaya has reminded me every day since last week to get her web page up and going. Finally this morning I did it. (she'll be thrilled when she gets home)
Instead of getting donations door to door (like I did as a kid), they can each set up a website to collect donations. I set Carlaya's goal at $75 (knowing that many aren't interested and MOST are broke) She was NOT happy. They suggest a goal of $100 or more, but come on. I'd rather reach my goal. :) Either way, the class with the most money earned gets to get out of regular school work to spend time with the P.E. teacher doing something totally awesome!
They jump rope next Tuesday, February 1st. Happy earning.......pretty please!
Her website is HERE
1 comment:
I couldn't get the link to work. Sorry and good luck.
Sheri
Post a Comment