Monday, October 04, 2010

Goodbye Kylie

I knew the parents had court today and that THEY were hoping to get her back soon, but neither they nor the case worker led me to believe that would actually happen. I've smartened up a bit and decided to start getting ready just in case. Since they call out of the blue and say "when can you be here?". Then here I am with NO makeup or hair done and scrambling to gather all the baby or child's things.
I had barely begun to put on my makeup, when the case worker called, "She's going back to mom, When can you be here?" Ha ha ha...ok fine!

I knew Kylie was going soon, and to be honest, I was kind of hoping this week. We've been wanting to go to Magic Mountain for my birthday- just Jonathan and me. :) It wasn't the 45 day mark yet and so we couldn't take her out of state OR get a foster sitter (respite) for her. No trip. Plus, the parents were really getting on my nerves and I was ready to be done with them. ;) Ssssh, don't tell!

Almost home today, after taking Kylie back, I got a call from Placement. HA! Go figure! They wanted to know if I would take a couple babies. COUPLE? How many is a couple? He laughed, well a 1 month old GIRL and a 1 year old GIRL. Oh how fun!! I think....? ;) BUT wait, they are part of a sibling group of 4 and so they wouldn't be here long. Just long enough to make me cancel my trip for my birthday.
He calls again, this time an update: they found a home for the 5 year old girl and 1 year old girl. So they want ME to take the 1 month old girl and her 3 year old brother! What? That's my dream placement!!! And they are siblings. But still, they will have to go to a relative or be placed in the SAME foster home at some point. He did try to convince me to up my license to take all four. Somewhat tempting: 5 yr old girl- & Carlaya, 3 yr old boy & Noah, then darling little girls: 1 month & 1 year. Sounds like such a fun placement but maybe too busy for me. I might loose my lid! ;)
UPDATE: Jonathan said NO. Mainly because he'd love a weekend away with just me and no kids. We will be calling good ol' Kevin at placement as soon as we're back for our NEWBORN. No settleing this time. Newborn GIRL it is. In a few weeks....yay!!

1 comment:

Bleak's said...

You got guts if you take 4... I think that would be so hard. So update though... what did you decide? And I got those pjs at walmart $6.00. But it was a few weeks ago. You'll be lucky to find some now. Old Navy has them too. Even cuter.