Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Placement

Oh the drama!! Last night at 8:30 we got a call for a 4 month old baby boy. Mom is MIA and dad in jail. Babysitter arrested with him. :) Lovely. He is Caucasian and would likely be a long placement. Everything sounded good and seemed like a good placement. Jonathan and I talked it over and I called them back to say, "I guess I'll take him". LOL I was ready for our next baby, but really was hoping for a girl even though I said I'd take "either".

I went in the baby room to see what boy clothes I even had. NOT MUCH. Yet, the dresser & closet are full of baby girl clothes! Made me cry to look at them. Accepting a boy baby was like really saying goodbye to Gentry & Cherise. We couldn't just replace them with another sweet baby girl. I was stressing out and literally having an anxiety attack. During commericals of "Bachelor Pad", Jonathan tried to reason with me and console me. LOL The lady could tell I was settling for him and knew I really wanted a girl. She said they weren't in a hurry and just to sleep on it and if I wanted, I could come get HIM in the morning.

I felt awful to pass up a "good" placement (with no visitation or anything) but I just wasn't excited about it and I wanted to be. I decided to pray about it and boy did I pray. I was pretty much just begging for this to be easy for me. I didn't want to have to try and figure out the answer myself. I told the Lord I needed to be hit over the head with a straight forward answer. I have no idea why it was so hard or why I was so emotional!

Well wouldn't ya know, less than 60 seconds after saying AMEN, the phone rang: it was Penny calling again from Child Haven. She laughed as she said, "Ok Camille, guess what?" "They JUST brought in a baby GIRL- 5 months old." "Do ya want her or not?" LOL I just laughed and told her YES!

Because I was clearly tired (with all my unnecessary emotions) I told them I'd come pick her up in the morning instead of right then. So at 10 am Noah and I walked into Child Haven to get Kylie! She's a cutie pie, chunky girl that loves to talk and babble. She smiles constantly and seems very happy & content. (but we're teething, so I'm sure we'll have some meltdowns)
Because of the situation, I really don't think that we'll have her long. Maybe a matter of days, weeks, or possibly months. Anyway, here she is!

1 comment:

Tessa Marie said...

Wow, she IS a cutie!!! I love all her chub!