Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Goodbye Cherisey girl....

Yesterday at a visit with her mom/dad, the parents let me know that today was court and they were hoping to get her back. At 5 weeks I didn't really think that was a possibility but I it did get me thinking or "worrying". I left a message with the case worker to get her take on things but of course didn't hear back until she called this morning to tell me Judge granted them custody. It was totally out of the blue for me, because we just weren't thinking it would happen! I knew that it was possible for her to go home at some point (although we really hoped that never happened) but we didn't think this soon! I guess at 5 weeks is better than at 6-9 months old when she really thinks we're mom & dad.

I called Jonathan at work and he met me in a parking lot between here & child haven to say goodbye and then rode with me to drop her off. Cherise has smiled lots for me and Carlaya, but Jonathan hasn't really caught a "GOOD" smile that was totally genuine. He sat in the car holding her and talking to her and she smiled so big at him. I was finally able to catch one of her fabulous smiles on camera!!
"Talking" with Jonathan, happy girl....
"getting smiley"
Happiest girl ever! Love that big SMILE!

Parents were beaming when we walked in with Cherise! They knew I was sad and totally offered me their cell numbers and after I joked about still having a visit on Friday at 1pm (because one had been scheduled with them at child haven- now the tables have turned and I want MY visit!!). They laughed but even said they'd meet me somewhere else if I wanted! ;) I texted the mom/dad a few times yesterday answering some questions they had about her schedule and what not. I even offered to take the mom to lunch in a few weeks to see Cherise and she said that sounded good. So we'll see!!

3 comments:

Tessa Marie said...

Wow, I'm really sorry. I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you guys. I can tell you just adore Cherise! But what you're doing for her and the other kids you foster is so wonderful, and I really think you're changing their lives for the better. You guys are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry milly. this sucks! hang in there! Love you

Stacey T. said...

So sorry she had to go :( I can't believe how different she looks in those pictures! She grew up so much! Love the smiling pic, I bet Jonathan loved it!