Saturday, July 24, 2010

We're getting a new baby GIRL!!

Sitting on the curb of Panaca Mainstreet at 3:50 today (waiting on the big Pioneer Parade) I got my much awaited call......A brand NEW baby girl needing foster care! They asked if I was "taking placements", I answered, "tomorrow I am.....? :), What do you HAVE?!" When she answered a 1 day old baby girl, I said, "YES!!, I'll take her, when do I have to be there?" LOL

She was born yesterday, drug exposed with Meth & unfortunately cocaine. But she is healthy, showing no signs of withdrawal and her apgar score was 9. Her mother has named her Cherise Marie (sp) and I like that name. So that's good. :) Originally the placement worker said she was named Baby Garcia and I figured she just hadn't been named yet, they guessed she was hispanic. But I was later given her name & a different last name. I asked if she was hispanic and they said she is mixed. So I dont know if that means mixed white/hispanic or if there is african american in there???? Case worker said she didn't have the big head of black hair though (like most hispanic babys do, so I dunno) But very cute & very small is what I'm told!
She will actually be released tonight, but since I am still in Panaca, the hospital will hold her till the morning. I let them know we'll be there by 11am to pick her up!!! :) We'll have to leave early to get home, pick up an outfit, get the infant carrier and buy some preemie diapers. Sorry it's Sunday, but she is small- 5 lbs. 12 oz. I have a few newborn diapers and tons of size 1's but no preemie. :(
I am so giddy & excited and I am having a hard time focusing on anything right now. I still have a reunion family mingle to sit through tonight.....I know what I'll talk about! ;) I don't even think I'll sleep so I'd rather just drive home & shop tonight so I can be ready in the morning.
Jonathan thinks he needs to watch a movie with my brother, so we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! I can't wait to meet her! Is it likely you will keep her?