Monday, April 19, 2010

Easter Pictures

Thursday night of Easter weekend we went to Hurricane to stay with Jonathan's family for the weekend. But Friday we met my sister, her kids and my parents in St. George to swim at the St. George Rec Center and the go to lunch. This was our 2nd time there and the kids had a blast!
sorry- my lens started to fog up...

one happy lil' fish!

When we got back to Hurricane the kids spent the rest of the day (and weekend) running and playing outside. It was so nice to just have them entertaining themselves. Here they are on Grandpa's "horse" tire swing.



Easter Morning I had volunteered to make breakfast for the crowd. My sister Jenny introduced me to Aebleskivers. They are a round pancake type ball we eat with buttery, fatty lovely syrup! I learned (through Williams & Sonoma catalog) that Ableskivers are originally from Denmark. Since my in laws have a danish exchange student currently, Gabriella, I decided to make them as a treat to her. She loved them and was so excited to be having them again. She took many pictures of me (looking so gross in pj's) and pics of the final product to show to her family & friends at home! LOL My kids woke up while I was in the kitchen so luckily Jonathan thought to get the camera and catch my kids with their baskets, or what was left of them. ;)




Right before lunch we had the big Easter Egg hunt out back. All the grand kids lined up and it was quite the battle to get my kids to smile. Carlaya has very sensitive eyes- to the sun & ESPECIALLY to the "flash" of a camera, so her Aunt Hanna got some cool shades for her. They didn't want pictures, they wanted EGGS!


Jonathan's little sister, Hanna and I hide over 70 eggs in the backyard. Funny thing was, you could only actually SEE about 15 of them! Expert hiders! :) Made for a longer hunt. Most were plastic filled with candy, but we had about 20 hard boiled colored eggs too! Did I mention, my eggs were to BEST?! Darn! Should have taken a picture! I color some awesome eggs! ;)





Noah, Hunter, Allie, Maddie, Emily, Carlaya
It was a fun weekend and nice to see the Heaton cousins whom we only see about 2-3 times a year. (even though they only live in AZ!)