We had a small Peterson Reunion over the 24th of July weekend. It was my grandma & grandpa Peterson's 50th Wedding Anniversary! I can't beleive they've been married 50 years all ready. They don't hardly seem old enough yet! So this gathering was for them, their 4 children, 12 grandchildren, and 8 great-grandchilren- so far. As a family they had rented a cabin together up on Cedar Mountain at Mammoth Creek. It was my 1st time in this area of the mtn. and it was so beautiful. Jonathan and I already want to plan a trip back up there to camp with our family.
For the most part, we sat around eating and visiting. That's what Peterson's do best! We had 3 four wheelers to share among the crowd, so they got plenty of use. My parents had also seen the game "Bongle Ball" at a neighbors who play it A LOT. So they bought it online before the reunion. It was a lot like horseshoes, but with balls. I guess that's how you could explain it? Anyway, games were going on constantly. We had couples against couples, uncles/nephew against aunt/cousin...and so on. In the evenings we'd get the games out and play for quite a while. My cousin Nicole (23?) is hilarious and the absolute life of the party! She loves games and loves to make everyone play. I had a blast playing with her and even got Jonathan to play. Of couse, it had to be one of his favorites: Boggle.

On the last day of our little trip, the kids reminded me that I'd promised to take them on a Nature Hike/ Scavenger Hunt. So as the other adults soaked up the last of the relaxation, I headed out on a hike with these 4 rascals! Colby, Carlaya, Bailey & Noah. (My sister Amber's two kiddos) Unfortunately my sister Jenny had to leave early to drive back to Omaha, NE. So her 3 year old missed out on the Aunt Camille awesomness!


Check out this cute hiker! Who else looks like cute in cowboy boots and shorts!
We stopped by this big tree & creek to do some searching for "key objects" I wanted them to find. ex: a baby pinecone, a "white" rock, a good walking stick, etc. Ya know, something to keep them busy.
It was nice to catch up with the Petersons. 1/2 of them live right here in Las Vegas, I just don't get to see them as often anymore! I loved the relaxation and look forward to another camping trip REAL soon. This time- really camping; in a tent! :)


1 comment:
For sure he missed out on your awesomeness! Your kids got a little of MY awesomeness on our nature hike though. Anyhow... we had fun up there with you guys and were sad to leave early. Miss ya!
Post a Comment