Well it's only 4:15 and our home study is already over. We were warned it would be like 3 hours and other couples from our class said it was very invasive. However, our guy mailed us some docs in advance so he'd have all our information and just have to fill in some blanks.
He got here right on schedule at 2:30 pm with a trainee. He had us fill our ANOTHER short questionnaire regarding drugs/alcohol abuse within our families and any sexual abuse. But other than that, he just asked a few basic questions, went over the rules (which we learned in class and already knew), then wanted to check out a few things.... the child's room where they would be staying, their bathroom, the safety of the backyard and if the smoke alarms work. He was done by about 3:45 and even chatted about random things with Jonathan for part of that. So it was an hour long- Maybe! :)
Also we need to provide receipts for the following (we haven't bought yet, but need) : 2 fire extinguishers, fire safety ladder, a garbage can WITH a lid?, and hmmmmm I guess that's it. We knew about everything but the garbage can with a lid....LOL so we'll get that this week.
SO NOW- we go in next Friday, the 17th to read over our "story" that he has compiled and if it is all correct we sign off on it and they within a week he'll have our License ready for us.
By April 24th (give or take) we will be licensed Foster Parents. I guess now we just sit and wait for our call. :) We're waiting for a boy/girl age 2-5 of any race.
4 comments:
How exciting! Congratulations Camille!
Yay! I can't wait to meet my new foster niece/nephew!
Hey, I want the pictures I took of the kids at the Easter egg hunt. Can you send me copies? Also, I forgot to get a picture of Grandma holding Brycen--AGAIN!!!
I can't believe how quickly this has happened! I am excited for you guys to get a new little family member. I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever. Hope everything is going great.
How it's exciteing! Congratulations! Your almost there.
Post a Comment