Monday, June 02, 2008
Noah's 1st stitches!
So Sunday night was quite eventfull for us! Noah was fighting with his uncle Travis, chasing the kitty around, and just plain rough-housing. ONCE he calmed down he walked past me in the kitchen and tripped over his own feet (I guess) and fell face first onto the tile floor. This isn't the first time he's face planted it, so I just handed him to Jonathan to console because I was on the phone. When Noah looked up at me crying, then I saw it. A dark reddish, purple hole in his head! Oh my gosh, I hung up on my aunt and ran to grab him. It looked awful and I panic'd, but oddly enough it wasn't bleeding. So we couldn't tell if it was an indentation or an actual hole. I wiped it down with a cold rag, while Jonathan grabbed the kid Tylenol and an ice pack. As I wiped it, it began to bleed a little but not much. We decided to put a butterfly bandaid over it and just watch it. As we squeezed it shut to get the butterfly tight enough, it was obviously a HOLE. Quite a large and deep one. Then Travis and our friend Tyler thought I should maybe take him in. We got the bandage on, but after 10 or so minutes, blood started to seep out. So off to the ER I went. Luckily the new Centennial HIlls Hospital is new enough to still be slow. I waited maybe 10 minutes before we were called back and then it was just the triage and waiting on the doctor that too a while. We were there a total of 2 1/2 hours, but it actually went by pretty quick. The worst part for Noah was having to be confined so they could do the stitches. The nurse laid out a sheet and had me help her to wrap him tight like a mummy. Which was a smart idea, considering how strong he is. But that royally pissed him off. And from that point on he screamed and was balistic! A male nurse had to hold his head like a vise-grip so the doc could stitch him up. And I held him body and tried to talk to him over the sreaming. It only took maybe 10 minutes total, but when we let go of Noah his head was completely soaked in sweat (literally dripping) and his body was wet. Poor kid, he put up one heck of a fight! Now I just have to keep him from picking at the stitches. I am afraid he'll try to tear them out! They will be out in 5 days thank goodness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
poor little guy. Okay now he really looks like a fighter! I can't believe I have lasted this long without an incident over here. Hope it heals good!
Poor Noah! Glad he's doing OK!
poor Noah! Glad he's alright now! I (knock on wood) haven't had to take a kid to the ER yet! That looks pretty bad.
Yuck!!! I would have totally freaked out. Tanner has hit his head like 10 times in the past couple days. I don't know what his problem is, I am just waiting to see a big bump pop up... hopefully not a gash like that! Poor kid!
oh my heck. i would've been freaking out. what a tough little guy.
i need your help organizing my food storage. do you know where the cannery is? i need buckets and lids. and tonz of other stuff.
I can't believe falling left a hole like that!? Doesn't he have a skull? brains? How can there just be a hold? So weird!
Anyway, I'm glad he's ok, even if it required stitches. Colby has some right now, too, although we can't see them!
holy crap that hole in his head was huge! I can just imagine having to hold him down... how sad! I hope he's okay!
OUCH!!! Poor Noah!! I cant believe how big that hole was!?!? Did you take him to the ER by yourself? You're tougher then me!! (By the way, I never realized I could leave comments without having a blog lol)
Post a Comment