
Snow white MAY have chicken pox! Despite getting the chicken pox vaccine at 2 years old, Carlaya has had some spots popping up the last couple of days. She is very itchy too! Most of them are just on her back but she has some on her arms and face too. (just little tiny ones) At first I thought maybe it was bug bites from Grandma's house in Hurricane since she was playing outside so much, but there are too many and after looking closer- they look like chicken pox. I called my mom and she said Amber's boy Colby had the vaccine too and still got the chicken pox just a couple of months back- but a mild case. So I guess it is still very possible to get them, but a very mild case of them. We are out here far away from our old Dr. and I had to find a new one right away when they might just confirm that it is. There is nothing they can really give her anyway, so for now I am just watching her close and keeping count. :)
4 comments:
Thats crazy. All of my kids have had that vaccine. I didn't know they could still catch it.
Friday I started noticing a rash on my sons back (which resembles your daughters) saturday there were more and then sunday morning a few on the face. His doctor attend our church and i asked her and she said take him home it is chicken pox. Not a one has puss like I would think a chicken pox would be...and he had the vaccine. My 13 year old daughter however has not had poxs nor vaccine. Any advice
christi
I'm covered in spots like that but my doctor said at age 14 with two vaccines its IMPOSSIBLE for me to get them. Who knows.
I talked with several nurses and doctors and all agreed, IT IS POSSIBLE to still get chicken pox after the vaccine. Actually very common. But it is a MUCH smaller case and usually very mild.
Carlaya had only a few at a time, but they continued for a full month. Never pussed and she never had a fever at all. She never felt sick, but they were there.
I saw just leave them be and watch it closely. When I was younger, the rule was "hurry and get it so you get it over with. the older you get the worse it'll be" we used to go looking for it to get it over with. But now they say vaccinate. ? Either way, you may experinence a little rash.
Post a Comment